Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Village Life

Dearest Readers,
Unfortunately, the Internet access on my phone (that is, the service network in my house) is rather fickle.  Sometimes I will get access and then--poof!--I'll have a screen informing me that the phone "failed to connect."  This is especially disheartening if it means that an email or message I've spent twenty or more minutes typing out finger-peck by finger-peck on my cell phone not only fails to send but is lost and gone forever.  Hopefully this explains my lack of recent blog posts.  Now two months in to a three-month community entry period (something common to all Peace Corps posts worldwide, I believe), I've been at the Peace Corps office/house in Kasama for the past four days, and I had hoped to write many lengthy blog entries.  For some reason I can't explain, the things that you look forward to doing with electricity--like spending time typing things out on a computer--suddenly become very unappealing once the required ingredients (electricity, computer, etc.) are available.  I do hope to get a few things posted, but the bottom line is that I love my house, I love my village, I love the children and my family and my school.  I'm having a wonderful time, there is real potential for meaningful work, and there's no place I'd rather be living!  At the moment, though, I'm exhausted, so I'll sign off for now and hope to write more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment